• September 14WVSH Online (Live)

• September 1Homecoming Spirit Week Spirit Days - Mon. (America Day), Tues. (Nerd Day), Wed. (Superhero or Disney Character Day), Thurs. (Decades Day), Fri. (Viking Day)

Stoffel Presented with Scholarship

Arch Stanton, Staff Editor

INDIANAPOLIS — Huntington North High School (HNHS) Senior Hannah Stoffel was named one of 13 Indiana graduating senior student-athletes to receive the C. Eugene Cato Memorial Scholarship Award Monday, March 28, 2016.

The scholarship is in conjunction with the Indiana High School Athletic Association, Inc. (IHSAA) and several additional Indiana-based businesses and organizations. Stoffel will receive a $2,500 scholarship for her dedication to academics, community and school involvement, character and sportsmanship.

The recognition ceremony will take place at the Indiana Roof Ballroom in Indianapolis Thursday, April 14, 2016 as part of the 11th Annual Thomas A. Brady Sports Achievement Awards.

Ranked sixth in her graduating class of 357, with a cumulative GPA of 4.16, Stoffel earned 12 varsity letters during her athletic career at HNHS. Captain of the girls’ cross country, basketball and track teams, she is a member of National Honor Society, Student Athletic Board and Student Advisory Council, as well as a volunteer member of the Special Olympics.

Stofell will attend Indiana University in the fall.

The IHSAA is a voluntary, not-for-profit organization that is self-supporting and whose mission has been to provide wholesome and educational athletics for the secondary schools of Indiana.