• September 14WVSH Online (Live)

• September 1Homecoming Spirit Week Spirit Days - Mon. (America Day), Tues. (Nerd Day), Wed. (Superhero or Disney Character Day), Thurs. (Decades Day), Fri. (Viking Day)

Spring Semester Blood Drive

Arch Stanton, Staff Writer

HUNTINGTON, Ind. – Huntington North High School will be hosting the second blood drive of the 2016-17 school year Friday, Jan. 27 in the school’s fieldhouse.

Students from Ms. Tara Boone’s Jobs for America’s Graduates (JAG) classes will be stopping by junior and senior homerooms starting Friday, Dec. 9. to collect names of those wishing to donate.

According to representatives from the American Red Cross, staff members who wish to donate can be accepted at approximately 7 a.m. the day of the blood drive.

Before each blood-drive, the American Red Cross sets an achievement challenge goal for the number of units of blood collected; these goals, along with the actual number of units collected throughout the school year are used in part to determine the amount of scholarship money available to HNHS students of the Class of 2017’. During the 2015-16’ school-year, HNHS received $2,500 in scholarship money. This money was split between four graduating students.

Students and staff who are new to the building and are interested in becoming a donor or have donated in the past are also encouraged to contact Ms. Boone directly by calling 260-356-6104 x1737 or e-mailing at [email protected] to be put on the donor list.

Huntington North High School JAG teacher Ms. Tara Boone